Sunday 25 March 2007

I lied... first post now!

I lied, so sue me! I've decided I might as well post my first proper entry now.

Now, where would be a good place to start? Well, I'm currently lying on my bed typing this on my laptop - my new laptop that was bought for me by Stuart from JPW Media, and I guess that's probably a good thing to talk about first - JPW Media. Well, I'm now a contracted "senior developer" for the company, meaning I basically oversee any web-based projects - In July however, my employment gets formalized and I actually become legally employed. One of my first major projects "OrganFax" is nearing completion and is now plodding on nicely, although it's opened my eyes to quite how pedantic some people can be - especially in an industry as relatively small as the home organ and keyboard scene. However, now that's running smoothly I've started on a few smaller projects: I've finished Sarah Foley's website and I'm just starting work on another little site for a rental-cottage in Linton which is allowing me to experiment a bit with a different style of design - semi-transparent PNG graphics for one! But yes, the JPW side of my life seems to be going quite well.

Anyone who knows me will also know that the music industry (namely the keyboard market) is steadily playing a growing role in my life. Work at Swift Music is going very very well and the next few months are going to be quite fun - several new product releases are on the horizon and it's turning the industry into a large scale Chinese whispers ring - as if it wasn't anyway! One of the products I'm actually allowed to talk about is the VIMA (Video Interactive Multimedia Application) piano from Roland. I have to say, when I first heard about this I thought it didn't have a place in the UK market - I thought it was a gimic for Roland Japan, but as I've been doing some more research (talking to more people and looking at it from a different perspective,) I think Roland may have once again hit on something a bit special. The VIMA isn't a player's piano in any respect and it certainly doesn't fit into the market I usually operate in, it's for those people who simply want to have some fun - it's multimedia functions are huge! It's 100% compatible with modern MP3 players, DVD players etc etc etc and it's got some nifty technology of its own built in. What's more, there's a chance I could be the demonstrator to do the first public UK launch for Roland in April which would be really great! (Fingers crossed).

And now, onto the third section of my life - college. College seems to be going OK-ish at the moment. It's getting to the point now where deadlines are no longer on the horizons - they are right in front of me, and it's causing me a small amount of stress. I'm confident I'll have all my work sorted for Music Technology and Business by the deadline, but Computing could be another issue. The thing is, I'm hopefully I'm on the way for an A overall in Business which means I would only NEED a D in computing, so to be honest, I'm not that worried.

Well, that's pretty much an overview of how my life is at the moment. Things are generally good. I'm looking forward to the new UK Apprentice starting on Wednesday - I wonder if once again, it will flop in the wake of the US version. Although, saying that, Donald Trump seems to have really over commercialized the current series (which I'm following - along with Lost and Prison Break) to the point where it's sickening to watch. Let's just hope that season 3 of the UK Apprentice will be as enjoyable as season 1.

One more thing... I'm kind of pissed off with a certain girl who will remain nameless for purposefully (it would seem) messing with my friend John's head... silly silly cow!

Anyway, I think I'm going to see what films are lying about and settle in for a relaxing evening. I'll probably catch up with the blog tomorrow. Goodnight.