Monday 26 March 2007

Monotony and Jazz

Once again another day comes around and I seem to be locked into auto pilot. I get up (much later than I should) get ready for college (get dressed, shower etc) leave and catch the coach. Then it's actually once I get to St. Brendan's that the true monotony begins, especially on Mondays! It's times like this I really start to wish that the college was closer to home - but I'd rather be here than at the "college" that actually is closer. I use the inverted commas for a very good reason, "Downend Post Sixteen Centre" could only be called a college in extremely loose terms. To be blunt, it gives little to no real life experience as your still kept in the protective cocoon of a school maybe with the delusion that you are becoming in some way independent - oh what a shock the people going there are going to get when they are "released" into the real world! Plus, the staff are not dedicated solely to AS/A2 which means they're never going to be able to give all of their time and resources to you. Of course, there are some perfectly reasonable people there as well, and to be truthful I feel slightly sorry that they have to put up with the sub standard education - thankfully these people undoubtedly have the skill and mental agility to get great grades regardless of their institution.

Anyway, looking back, I have to say that going to St. Brendan's was still one of the best things I've done.

And now onto one of my more recent discoveries to break up the monotony of free periods... "Jazz FM" and "The Jazz". These are two great digital radio stations I've just started listening to online and they play some great music (as long as you like jazz that is!!), and thankfully it's not blocked by the college's filters. Jazz FM is great for newer tracks, and The Jazz plays an uninterrupted stream of jazz classics. Well, worth a listen - especially if you're bored!

Oh, and just before I sign off again, that girl I mentioned at the end of my last post (the one that has been messing with John's head) was laughing and giggling on the coach this morning - bitch.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
I wish they had Photoshop CS2 in the library - I don't like Fireworks!

No comments: